Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 32--Tea Tin

What does it say that when I do a good painting I almost feel guilty? I mean, I know I can paint metal pretty well, so it's almost a stunt of the sort that Robert Williams (of JUXTAPOZ fame) used to pull in the 1960's. Still, after tormenting myself with the skulls for the last couple of days, I thought I could use a little buffing of my self-esteem. Usually I buff it along with my shoes, since it's right down there and accessible. The fun part of this was the alternating bands of dull and shiny metal.

I'm a big fan of caffeine, but unfortunately allergic to coffee and mate, so I drink a lot of tea. I get mine in bulk from Upton Tea, and keep about six kinds always on hand and reasonably fresh in these tins. As such, the subject is near and dear to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment